The Media List comes in two convenient formats – our premier product, the web-based, always-on Media List Online and The Media List Classic (mailed to subscribers monthly as a PDF file).
Media List Online
Your One-Stop Web-based Media Database and press release generator.
Want to Know What’s Making Headlines?
Link directly from the Media List Online to a publication, blogger, or broadcaster’s website for up-to-the-minute content and breaking news.
Do it Your Way
Make the Media List Online truly your own with fully-customised content. Compile your own contact lists with notes and schedules, plus information about forthcoming supplements and special features.
Create and Distribute Media Releases
Using our purpose-built Media Release software, use our contacts (and yours) to generate releases, alerts, and to disseminate important information.
Online Media: Category Update
In line with evolving trends, we are constantly adding to a growing list of Bloggers and Online Media in our Online & New Media section.
Don’t forget, by linking to traditional media websites, you can link to their online content components with a single click.
Where possible, we also list social networking details of media professionals using tools like Facebook or Twitter.
Here’s what you get:
- Instant online access to the latest information direct to your computer desktop. The Update function automatically updates your data from our server whenever you click on it;
- Customisable. Build your own automatically-maintained groups of selected media & personnel for immediate access to favourite or frequently-used data;
- Searchable. Enter your search text, including standard wild cards, and the entire database is searched for the results you want
- Easy-to-use. The Export to Excel function enables you to extract complete selected data for further processing in Excel or use in other applications such as mail-merging in Microsoft Word for, example
- Convenient mass communication. Select your data and click the ‘Send e-mail to Selected’ icon to generate a pop-up mail with all available addresses embedded in the ‘BCC’ box. Enter your own e-mail address in the ‘To’ box, add a subject line, paste your body text or attachments like photographs and hit Send.
- Print selected data direct from the database. Just select the data you want to print and click the Print icon. An easy way to present clients and colleagues with options for evaluation or people to call, for example
- All categories are available on one screen.
The Media List Online uses the latest secure Internet technology to ensure that your media information is totally accurate and always up-to-date.
The Media List Classic
- This convenient PDF file, with a comprehensive index upfront is:
- Updated monthly on a three-month cycle: Month One is Dailies & Sundays, Month Two is Trade & Technical, Month Three is Consumer Publications, Radio and TV.
- Print the entire list for a handy contacts manual or campaign-specific sections and selections.
The Media List Johannesburg
General Enquiries - Telephone : (011) 452 4883 | Fax (068) 546 5511
The Media List Cape Town
Telephone : +27 21 851 9528 | Email :